Wilkes Head Square
Shop opening hours
Monday to Saturday 10.00am to 6.00pm
Sunday - closed unless a major event is taking place
email us here
Find us here using googlemaps.
Just refresh the page to relocate the shop where Bridge Street crosses over the River Teifi.
Parking is available immediately alongside the shop or on Llandysul Paddlers car park up the lane by the fire station.
Click on the image below to open a larger view of the shop, parking and Llandysul Paddlers Canoe Centre.
View Larger Map (opens in a new window)
DETAILED DIRECTIONS FOR THOSE WHO LIKE TO PRINT OUT A ROUTE LIST
FROM THE EAST - You need to be heading west on the M4.
- The M4 Finishes at Junction 49 on the Pont Abraham roundabout.
- At this roundabout continue straight on the A48 until you reach Carmarthen.
- At the end of the A48 at Carmarthen you will come to a roundabout and you need to take the third exit onto the A40 heading for Lampeter.
- Follow this road for 500m until you come to another roundabout you need to take the second exit, which is straight on still heading for Lampeter.
- Follow this road for 1 mile until you come to another roundabout and take the first exit still heading for Lampeter.
- After 500m you will come to your last roundabout and you need to take the second exit still heading for Lampeter (you have now completed the new Carmarthen By Pass)
- From here the road gets a little smaller and you need to follow it for around 10 miles without turning off you will pass through Peniel, Pontarsais and Alltwalis.
- Once you get to Alltwalis you will come to a steep hill and at the top you will pass windy corner garage on the right hand side.
- After Windy Corner Garage you need to take your next left turn heading for Pencader and Llandysul on the B4459.
- Follow this road until you pass through the village of Pencader. Once through Pencader you will pass a small lane on your left (don’t take this lane) then a farm entrance, then you will see a left turn signposted for Llandysul (take this turn).
- Follow this road for 3 miles until you come to a T Junction where you turn left heading for Llandysul.
- You should now be heading down hill into the village and part way down you will see the new Llandysul bypass in front of you and you need to turn off right heading downhill towards the village
- At the bottom of the hill the canoe centre is a large yellow building directly in front of you. Outdoorkit4u shop is across the road from Llandysul Paddlers.
FROM THE NORTH - you have a few options. One of these is taking the coast road down from Machynllech, passing through Aberystwyth and Aberaeron. 15 miles after Aberaeron you need to take a left at Synod Inn. Llandysul is sign posted from here.
Once you arrive in the village follow the one-way system until the road forks. Take the left fork heading south, after 100 metres you will cross over the river and the shop is on the left. Park immediately by the shop and if full turn left opposite the Llandysul Paddlers Centre then immediately left again.